Whiskeytown is renowned for it excellent single track, flume trails and decomposed granite. All courses make maximum use of single track. Add in a post-race swim in beautiful Whiskeytown Lake and you’ve got the ingredients for a perfect day!
- Long Course | Approx 26.5 miles
Persons under 18 years of age are not allowed to race this course without prior approval by race director before 4-24-15
- Approx. Approx 4780 ft of climbing. 2015 COURSE CHANGE; To alleviate congestion, Long course racers WILL NOT go up satans crack, racers will go up Rod Brower trail (Ridge Trail) which is opposite side of canyon, no mileage is affected.
- More than 65% single track.
- WARNING: The last 5-7 miles of single track can be very technical/steep in places.NOT FOR RACERS WITH LIMITED EXPERIENCE
- Intermediate Course | 20 miles
Persons under 18 years of age are not allowed to race this course without prior approval by the race director before 4-24-15
- Approx. 3700 ft of elevation gain.
- Follows much of the long course, but eliminates the 6 mi. Shasta Mine Trail loop.
- 2015 CHANGES; As of 4/17/15 riders will split after climbing out of Peltier Campground and not go thru rock garden section, they will head downhill to the start of Satans Crack
- WARNING: The last 5-7 miles of single track can be very technical/steep in places. NOT FOR RACERS WITH LIMITED EXPERIENCE.
- Short Course | 8 miles
Parents of riders under 18 years should be aware of dangerous conditions on this course
- 4 mi gentle to moderate ascent on dirt road followed by 4 mile single track descent.
- Expect numerous technical spots on the descent.
- WARNING: THIS IS NOT A BEGINNER COURSE; The single track downhill portion of the short course has some very technical sections with drop offs, exposed rocks and rutted trail. NOT FOR RACERS WITH LIMITED EXPERIENCE. Parents of riders under 18 should be aware of dangerous conditions on this course.
Contact Race Director at email@example.com